Sr. Tax Accountant
Our Las Vegas Client is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- All parts of the CPA exam completed.
- 4-5 years of recent tax accounting experience with a CPA firm.
- Experience in planning, preparation and review of complex tax returns for closely-held corporations, pass-through entities, individuals and trusts.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE AND TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Exhibits a desire to understand business transactions and related issues.
- Exhibits an understanding of company’s business objectives and performs general tax research with a view for alternatives to satisfy those objectives.
- Works effectively with associates and superiors in understanding and analyzing business transactions.
- Prepares clear and concise workpapers with definitive conclusions.
- Prepares meaningful and well-written recommendations for improved accounting processes.
- Effectively applies computer software and information technology tools.
- Demonstrates understanding of fundamental principles of tax law with the ability to identify issues.
- Exhibits understanding of the levels of tax authority, legal precedents, rulings, and regulations.
- Effectively applies tax knowledge to preparation of complex business, individual and trust income tax returns.
- Stays current on tax law and relevant financial accounting pronouncements.
- Ability to effectively gather data from financial statement workpapers, and third party sources.
- Prepares income tax returns on a timely and efficient basis.
- Prepares complete and organized tax return workpaper file including appropriate supporting documentation.
- Ability to review individual and business tax returns while providing guidance and supervision to other staff.
- Effectively utilizes computerized income tax research programs.
- Can be relied upon to resolve open items and identify major issues encountered on assigned engagements.
- Works independently and shows initiative.
TAX DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Demonstrates commitment to the company’s core value of producing quality work.
- Develops positive working relationships with accounting and finance staff.
- Develops a deep understanding of the company’s business.
- Anticipates problems and issues, and keeps the in-charge/manager informed of project status.
- Complies with company and tax department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to direct and control concurrent assignments to successful completion.
Job Status: Full Time