Sr. Hardware Engineer
Sr. Hardware Engineer
The Sr.Hardware Engineer is responsible for Hands-On technical functions in support of Hardware
engineering Department activities such as Project Tasks Coordination and tracking, Customer
Support, Board Bring up Activities and Board Design Support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides direct support to the Hardware Engineering Manager.
* Collaborates on board design tasks based on the level of expertise and background.
* Participates in and helps improve project release mechanism.
* Works closely with other departments (mechanical, software, production, etc.) to support
ongoing design tasks and projects; coordinates efforts as needed to achieve project deadlines.
* Collaborates with documentation team to provide technical information and participate during
* Assists with customer support as needed.
* Maintains an ongoing list of tasks being debugged at engineering lab and will interact with Test
Engineers as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of
education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
* 6+ years of experience in digital systems and/or handling projects in the digital hardware
* Familiarized with board bring up and lab environment.
* Strong understanding of digital circuit design and theories.
* Must have strong knowledge of digital system including at a high level how microprocessors,
power conversion, control circuits, and high-speed data/clock lines operate.
* Must have a solid understanding of electronic circuits and overall interface protocols as an
overall background for board level understanding.
* Must be able to read schematics and understand PCB layout diagrams.
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining organization and tracking deadlines.
* Experience in board/hardware design is a plus.
* Experience with hardware troubleshooting at the component level is a plus.
* Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
* Fluent domain of the English language: Ability to read, write and speak English well
* Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job.
* Sitting and standing for long hours.
* Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bend down and reach up.
* Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information verbally
and in writing.
* Constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* Ability to handle and lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. alone; ability to lift objects weighing up to
50 lbs. in a two-person lift.
* Read or write and interpret data
Job Status: Full Time