The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing technical support and direction to production
and to develop the process in manufacturing to ensure up-to-date processes that run trouble free to
build a quality product in the required amount of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Responsible for coordination of all aspects of assigned processes; input, output, efficiencies and
* Provide manufacturing input to new and existing products (design for manufacturability); follow
escalation process if design for manufacturability is at risk.
* Review and maintain all inputs required for the manufacturing of the part (BOM, routing,
* Develop and document training for manufacturing equipment and processes to ensure operators
are properly trained to produce product, and responsible for the initial training to the initial
production team (team leaders, operators, TPM specialists, etc.).
* Ensure maximum first pass yield and minimum scrap from assigned processes.
* Develop, record and present reports to address First Pass Yield and Scrap performance.
* Develop new manufacturing processes that utilize new technology and introduction.
* Provide manufacturability input to Design Group for new and existing products.
* Develop line balancing and efficient line layouts to ensure good process flow.
* Provide technical leadership to production for new and existing processes.
* Establish and maintain process instructions and documentation.
* Develop and provide training for manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Assist with developing process and production quality levels.
* Develop corrective action and preventative actions for customer returns.
* Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
* When required, the Manufacturing Engineer will also have the following duties related to new
product launch or process improvements:
o Create equipment specifications for new products to meet the requirements of cost and
quality for the new products.
o Coordinate the acquisition of the new equipment in coordination with Purchasing; must
follow the corporate guidelines for the design of the new equipment and in coordination
with the MRO Buyer.
o Coordinate the new product introduction in the manufacturing plant with all the
* Bachelor degree in Electronic, Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
* 10+ Years of experience in the electronic manufacturing industry.
* Knowledge of SMT, through hole, wave solder and final assembly processes.
* Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
* Must be willing to take a leadership role in all assigned activities.
* High level of accuracy is mandatory.
* Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining organization and tracking deadlines.
* Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
* Fluent domain of the English language: Ability to read, write and speak English well
* Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job.
* Environment: Indoors, mainly in office areas.
* Sitting and standing for long hours.
* Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bend down and reach up.
* Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information verbally
and in writing.
* Constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* Ability to handle and lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. alone; ability to lift objects weighing up to
50 lbs. in a two-person lift.
* Read or write and interpret data
Competitive compensation and benefits which include
medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO,
paid Holidays and an on-site fitness center.
Job Status: Full Time