Summary of Functions:
Responsibilities include creating legal files for legal action from accounts that were deemed uncollectable by a CSR. Legal action consists of small claim law suits, assigning to attorneys or collection agencies’ for the purpose of securing payment due our entities as evaluated and approved by the Director of Credit. There are no supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Position essential duties include but not limited to:
- Gathering customer account information for further action to determine best course to collect past due money which includes filing liens, sending demands, or referring to an attorney or agency after review from the Director of Credit, the credit application, attached reports and the notes on the account assist in decision making.
- Review the file for any liens or bonds claims on projects that can be filed to insure that we don't lose lien rights and ensure payment.
- Continue to monitor liens and bond claims to make sure that law suits are filed in a timely manner before any legal statue expires.
- Communicate with sales staff, branch managers and customers to gather information to assist in the collection of past due accounts.
- Assists in resolving customer’s issues with invoices, payments and releases.
- Prepare all necessary documents to file small claims action and follow up with all paperwork to process and arrange our representative to appear in court to obtain a judgment.
- Make sure abstract of judgments are filed in all counties that the customer might have assets.
- Assign accounts to attorney to file liens, law suits and follow up process as needed to make sure the case is going forward in a timely manner.
- Prepare pre and post interest schedules on all legal accounts.
- Prepare payment application for all monies received on legal files for correct posting.
- Gathers the necessary documents and file claims on contractors and or performance bonds.
- Scan all legal documents into a legal file in on base.
- Perform work on special projects as requested.
- Filing as needed
- Answering the phones in a timely manner
- Understand the job and how it relates to others within and outside the credit department.
- The ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Follow through and follow up on all legal accounts assigned.
- Knowing when to ask supervisors for help.
- Make copies of daily reports when needed.
- Follow bankruptcy procedure on customers.
- Inputting comments and conversation into the Customer Collection Comment Inquiry screen with follow up dates.
This person is expected to have the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and must have a professional and positive attitude at all times.
Reports directly to the Supervisor of the area where they are assigned, coordinate activities with the Director of Credit and Credit Managers.
Good communication skills, a working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to work well with people is essential. Proficient telephonic communications required. Competent in assessing customer needs. Ability to work independently with solid time-management and organization skills to insure proper handling of accounts with the purpose of securing payment. Prior legal experience is preferred.
Ability to communicate with customers, management, and other co-workers timely to collect account balances. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Good, accurate typing and excel skills are needed.
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, and talking for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision with normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare and inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment and rental equipment.
The job is performed in an office setting.
Salary structures are, initially, determined based on years of qualified experience. This is a mid-level position.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary