Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Basic Job Function
Provide technical oversight over engineering development projects related to Mechanical Engineering to ensure technical requirements and program schedule commitments are achieved.
Scope of Duties / Job Description:
- This job is a full-time and on-site position.
- Leads engineers/design/drafting personnel on large or numerous programs. Provides guidance or otherwise assists individuals in the section with resolution of project technical issues.
- Coordinates technical support tasks with Electrical Engineering on board level and chassis level projects.
- Support manufacturing with various design-related issues.
- Provides technical oversight and mentors employees performing professional technical duties related to Mech. Engineering.
- Maintains some liaison with customers supporting groups in the company and customer personnel to answer inquiries, exchange information and resolve technical difficulties associated with projects.
- Checks work of MCAD team. Ensures the design and drafting support, documentation and associated engineering support services are performed in-line with departmental and industry practices.
- Maintain accurate weekly project status for Mechanical Engineering related task to internal program management tool.
- Provides new ideas relating to drafting procedures, method and techniques to reduce cost and/or improve quality.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives; implements the Mechanical Design Process; and adheres to the Company Quality System.
- Maintains knowledge in area of specialization, keeps abreast of developments in the field.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field is preferred.
- 8+ years related work experience.
- Experience developing mechanical requirements, designs, validation of products, and product integration required.
- Experience using state-of-the-art technology, principles, tools and concepts required.
- Experience with mechanical development lifecycle and development processes and procedures required.
- Working knowledge of commercial and military specifications/standards related to mechanical design and documentation.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, run-lists, and schematics required.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency using Solidwords CAD package a must.
- Good working knowledge of dimensioning and geometric tolerances
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- General knowledge of standard design principles related to sheet metal and machining manufacturing processes.
- Experience designing rack mount equipment and ATR type enclosures a plus.
- Experience with PICMG ATCA and µTCA specifications a plus.
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents. (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time and be results-oriented
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytic skills and problem solving
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized
- General understanding of electronics and components is preferable
Job Status: Full Time