Corporate Travel Consultant
Objective: To facilitate professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within their company's guidelines and standards of excellence for customer service. Ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment.
* Overall travel industry knowledge and experience
* 5 years Sabre computer knowledge and proficiency
* Competent with all aspects of ticketing transactions
* Proficient with International Itineraries and rate structures
* Knowledge of online Concur booking tools a must
* Experienced and comfortable with premium travelers
* Attention to detail/conscientiousness/flexible
* Problem solving and initiative
* Interpersonal communication and relationship building skills
* Willingness to learn new functions and to enhance existing skills
* Patience and flexibility
* Minimum 5+ Years Industry Experience
· Prefers to work as a team member instead of an individual
* Regular, dependable attendance required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Completes travel arrangements for clients' air, hotel, car rentals, trains, tour, and ground arrangements at the lowest possible price within corporate travel guidelines
Reviews, monitors, and works queues daily
* Follow and suggest improvements in company procedures in the areas of customer service, documentation of PNRs and profiles, ticketing, invoicing, attendance, accuracy of work etc.
· Consistently promotes a productive and harmonious working relationship with and between other company employees to foster and enhance the common goals of the organization.
* Maintains ownership of each record until departure to ensure all details (including seat assignments, meal preferences, upgrades, etc.) are completed to the client's satisfaction
* Researches and provides solutions to any travel related problem clients may have experienced with arrangements made by Altour with total management awareness and participation
* Stays fully informed on all airline rules and regulations, tariffs, and fare requirements and accurately applies this knowledge to all travel arrangements
* Is available for and receptive to training opportunities
* Is Sabre proficient and maintains Sabre skills with relevant training
* Has knowledge of and understanding of re-routing and exchange processes
* Stays abreast of technology and industry knowledge, especially with intranet tools provided by Altour
* Essential; Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with high level global clientele
* Problem resolution to always include management.
* Performs other office functions as needed and seeks ways to personally add to the overall efficiency of the operation
* Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
* Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
* Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
* Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
* Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
* Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
* Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, and comprehend complex issues and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
* Job requires employee to preform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time