Our client, an $80m growing retail entertainment company headquartered in Joplin, Missouri, with 60 retail store locations throughout the Midwest, is looking for an outstanding Controller to lead their accounting team and expand the business. Working with the CEO and reporting directly to the CFO of the parent company, this person will act as a strategic partner with the leadership team, as well as other stakeholders, providing timely and accurate financial reporting, as well as making suggestions for improving profitability and limiting loss.
Controller Job duties:
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Strong hands-on accounting experience required, including detailed knowledge of Payroll, AP, GL, AR, Banking, Audits and Financial Reporting
- FP&A experience, including budgets and forecasting
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Personal Effectiveness/credibility
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (accounting degree is strongly preferred)
- CPA certification required
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, managing a staff of 5 or more required
- Retail experience highly desired
Salary $110-125K base, DOE plus excellent benefits and relocation assistance
Job Status: Full Time