Business Development Manager
We are a Technical Consulting company looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM). The BDM is the company’s primary contact with accounts and prospects in a geographic sales territory. This is a hunter role - He/she is expected to spend 80+% of his/her workweek on sales responsibilities, which includes soliciting orders, marketing and selling the company’s services, and representing the company in accordance with its policies. This position is considered "exempt" from overtime pay, as it is an outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Aggressively solicits orders from present and prospective customers for the company’s services and carry out marketing and sales programs as directed.
- Assumes responsibility of specific territory and all business aspects of that territory including sales, marketing, and financial (profitability).
- Maintains, increases, and maximizes the sales volume of accounts and market share by developing sales strategies for every contact and prospect by using analysis and account penetration.
- Maintains updated competitors’ information, i.e.: their services and practices, and keep management informed concerning them.
- Assists in developing sales forecasts, territory potentials, workload analysis, call programs and territory management.
- Prepares and submits various customer and sales activity reports as required and any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance or products, or competitive conditions as may be requested.
- Maintains up-to-date customer records and other sales records in accordance with company instructions.
- Efficiently and profitably controls the sales cycle: (prospecting, telemarketing, presentations, quotations, objections, closing orders, order placement, project follow-up and delivery), coordinates all aspects of projects with company production facilities keeping accurate records of all transactions between client, technical advisor and factory.
- Sells our capabilities per company policies and procedures by communicating our services/benefits and coordinating them with the customer’s needs in a profitable manner. 10. Other duties may be assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in marketing, sales or account management of technology-related products or services in a B2B sales environment.
- Prior work experience in selling Hosting, Managed Services or Cloud.
- Strong network in the tech community
- Knowledge and understanding of all business development activities.
- Strong drive for customer focus, results, and commitment to quality.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
Compensation: DOE. Location can be LV, CO, AZ or So CA
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Job Status: Full Time